Why we created the Getting Started Video Series
I’ve been working with Sage CRM Essentials and Professional Edition for over 3 years now, and I spend a lot of time talking to the majority of our cloud customers across Ireland and the UK. Even though every conversation differs slightly due to the unique requirements that each and every customer has for a CRM solution, the approach I take remains the same.
Before I start discussing a feature or product area of Sage CRM, there are important questions that need to be considered:
- How are you currently managing your customers?
- What is your business process?
- What do you want a CRM solution to do for your business?
The answers to these questions will demonstrate how Sage CRM can benefit you. So firstly, I want you to consider your current process, your data and your users.
- How do you currently obtain your sales leads?
- Do you get a large number of leads from different sources e.g. website, tradeshows, onsite engineers?
- Do you have a telesales team who generate leads for field sales reps.
What is the sales process?
- Is it a long complex buying process that needs to be tracked through many stages?
- Do you get a lot of repeat business?
- How do you currently describe and segment your customers?
- Do you use these descriptions and segmentation for marketing purposes?
- Is there industry specific information that you need to know about each of your prospects or customers?
- How much information do you capture about each of the people in the organizations that you deal with?
- Where is your data currently held?
- Is it in another CRM solution, in Excel or in the sales teams’ records?
- How are your teams set up?
- Do you work with specific account management structures or geographical territories?
- Do your customer services teams or engineers use the same database as your sales team?
- Do you have a completely unique business process that you want to track?
Your data, your users and your processes
They key is that no matter how you answer these questions, Sage CRM can be adapted to capture the specific data you require. It can replicate your current process and set up your users in line with your requirements.
The first three videos in our Getting Started series will assist you with this set up:
In my next blog post, I will explain what to consider when watching these videos. Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below.